From: Antoine <melser.anton@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] to mail or not to mail
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 21:18:18
1 Billy Holmes wrote:
2 > Antoine wrote:
3 >
4 >> tux ~ # sendmail antt@localhost
5 >> hithere
6 >>
7 >> sendmail: Cannot open mail:25
10 > ssmtp always uses a smart host. It can't deliver mail by itself.
11 >
12 > edit /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf, make your changes (use your ISP's mail
13 > server), and I personally turn on FromLineOverride=yes. You may have to
14 > set your hostname in the file, too.
15
16 I will give that a try but I seem to be making at least some progress
17 with sendmail (in fact it wasn't properly installed and I had to
18 uninstall ssmtp and reinstall to get it working...) I also had to
19 hardcode /usr/sbin/sendmail.sendmail into php.ini cos
20 /etc/mail/mailer.conf doesn't look like it's working but anyway -
21
22 tux ~ # php /home/antt/tmp/test.php
23 melser.anton@×××××.com... Connecting to [127.0.0.1] via relay...
24 melser.anton@×××××.com... Deferred: Connection refused by [127.0.0.1]
25 <p>Message successfully sent!</p>tux ~ #
26
27 Obviously it wasn't successful, and I have done something silly here...
28 This is frustrating!
29 Cheers
30 Antoine
31 --