From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [offtopic] dual boot Windows 11 / Linux
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 14:30:13
1 On Sun, Apr 10, 2022 at 6:59 AM Серега Филатов <raxp.worm202@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > If it's a similar laptop I assume you have grub2 installed in EFI mode.
4 > Check if you have grubx64.efi in your EFI partition (usually /<mounted EFI partition>/EFI/gentoo/).
5 > Also check if you have efi boot entry for grub with efibootmgr utility. if grub-install with EFI target was used on a new system it should call efibootmgr to add a Gentoo entry in UEFI).
6 >
7 > If you are trying to install grub in legacy mode then look in UEFI settings if CSM or legacy boot is enabled. But since you have win11 and you want dual boot I don't think that it's what you want. Os-prober will not pick up EFI win11 installation if grub is installed in legacy and you can't install win11 in legacy since Microsoft made win11 UEFI-only.
8 >