From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: plasmashell becomes sluggish with 100% CPU usage
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 11:49:26
1 On 24/05/2022 23:20, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > Anyone noticed anything lately with plasmashell? I think it started
3 > happening after Qt was upgraded from 5.15.3 to 5.15.4. At login, the
4 > desktop is very unresponsive and sluggish. Mouse clicks take over a
5 > second to register.
6 >
7 > The plasmashell process is hogging one core of the CPU to almost 100%.
8 > It only happens on login. Logging out and back in again usually fixes it.
9
10 So I decided to just let it do that and see what happens. After about 90
11 seconds or so, it calms down and things become normal...