From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] about updating gcc & wiki pages
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 08:27:22
1 On Thursday, August 27, 2015 03:53:03 AM Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > Can anyone offer an informed opinion as to whether the wiki pages at:
3 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Upgrading_GCC
4 >
5 > Are current and apply as well to the newest gcc versions?
6 >
7 > I am not having any problem so far (only just compiling as I wrrite)
8 > but I have a hunch those pages may be getting a bit long in the tooth,
9 > and just hoping to head off any problems that may have occured in newest
10 > versions.
11
12 I tend to only do the "short version".
13 Removing the old version is handled by " emerge -va --depclean "
16 Joost