From: Joerg Schilling <Joerg.Schilling@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xcdroast 0.98alpha16: Empty CD
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 10:24:31
1 Hartmut Figge <h.figge@×××.de> wrote:
2
3 > Greetings,
4 >
5 > on my current machine xcdroast fails to recognize an inserted CD in the
6 > CD-reader. I do not often burn CDs and had switched to cdw which works
7 > fine. Nevertheless, xcdroast was once my favorite and I am curious. :)
8 >
9 > Starting xcdroast with -d 10 shows the problem:
10 >
11 > DGB1: spawning: /usr/lib/xcdroast-0.98/bin/xcdrwrap CDDA2WAV -D "2,1,0"
12 > -J -g -Q -H -v toc,summary,sectors,titles
13 > DGB10: readtoc: cdda2wav: Invalid argument. Cannot open output fd 0.
14
15 This is a bug in cdda2wav that only hits when compiled in 64 bit mode. For this
16 reason, it has not been detected for a long time as Solaris by default uses 32
17 Bit applications as 64 bit application on an orthogonal CPU are usually
18 slower...
19
20 The bug has been fixed on March 28, 2017 and published in schilytools.
21
22 Today, I published a separate source ball cdrtools-3.02a09.
23
24 Jörg
27 EMail:joerg@××××××.net (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
28 joerg.schilling@××××××××××××××××.de (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/