From: brettholcomb@×××××××××.net
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] alias
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:46:54
1 You can put them in your ~/.bash_rc or _profile - I can't remember of the top of my head. For host wide ones I created a /etc/bash.rc where I put stuff I want everybody to get - or at least start with as they can override it. I then source this in the ~/.bash?? and to make sure new users get it I modify what's in /etc/skel. I used /etc/bash.rc because it was on a distro I was familiar with at the time.
2 >
3 > From: Matthias Langer <mlangc@×××.at>
4 > Date: 2005/09/19 Mon AM 08:24:45 EDT
5 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
6 > Subject: [gentoo-user] alias
7 >
8 > Recently i was woundering where gentoo stores the aliases i get by:
9 >
10 > $ alias
11 > alias d='ls --color'
12 > alias ll='ls --color -l'
13 > alias ls='ls --color=auto'
14 > alias mc='. /usr/share/mc/bin/mc-wrapper.sh'
15 >
16 > The reason i want to know this is mainly because i want to add my own
17 > ones to this list without fooling around with /etc/conf.d/local.start.
18 > Matthias Langer
19 >
20 > --
21 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list