From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sysrescuecd gone rogue
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2019 14:01:57
1 Mick wrote:
2 > I just downloaded my preferred medium of choice for installing Gentoo and
3 > discovered sysrescuecd now runs Linux Arch instead of Gentoo and to make
4 > things worse it is running systemd instead of openrc. :-(
5 >
6 > A quick look in the forums did not reveal the reasons for this strategic
7 > change. Regardless, have you used the Arch based sysrescuecd to install
8 > Gentoo and are there are any gotchas I should be aware of?
9 >
10 > Would I be better off to use a Gentoo Live ISO to install with? I don't think
11 > I have used one of these for more than 10 years ... or more! O_O
15 I used to keep a copy of Knoppix around.  It can be used and has quite a
16 lot of features.  If sysrescue is going that route, I may be just using
17 something else.
18
19 As another said tho, you can use about anything Linux as long as you are
20 able to mount and chroot into the install.
21
22 Dale
23