From: Jarry <jarry@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] AMD64 & lilo...
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 08:24:31
1 Hi all,
2 does anybody use lilo with amd64? I'm right at installing bootloader,
3 and to my big surprise I found this statement in handbook:
4 "While LILO does work on AMD64, Gentoo only supports using GRUB"
5
6 I always used lilo, because I find grub syntax a little "strange",
7 moreover I do not know how grub handles raid (I'm just reading grub
8 manual on gnu-site, not a single word about raid), but now I'm not
9 sure what to do: does lilo work with amd64, or not?
10
11 How should I translate this lilo.conf into grub.conf:
12 -----------------------------------------
13 password = ""
14 restricted
15 delay=5
16 boot = /dev/md0
17 prompt
18 timeout = 30
19 default = gentoo
20
21 image = /boot/kernel-2.6.15-gentoo-r1
22 label = gentoo
23 read-only
24 root = /dev/md1
25
26 image = /boot/kernel-2.6.14-gentoo-r5
27 label = gentoo.old
28 read-only
29 root = /dev/md1
31