From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What causes a package to be brought in during a big emerge?
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 02:09:00
1 On 26/09/2009 9:08 AM, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Samstag 26 September 2009, Andrew Lowe wrote:
3 >> Hi all,
4 >> I've done an:
5 >>
6 >> "emerge --pretend -NuD world"
7 [snip]
8 ...
9 ...
10 [snip]
11 >> p.s. Tried Google on this and just couldn't seem to get the right
12 >> keywords o find anything.....
15 > maybe it is still left in world file.
18 Volker,
19 I'll look into that. On a slightly tangential note, I've been using
20 Gentoo for about 6 - 7 years, but not very well. My somewhat limited
21 knowledge of portage comes from about 2004 and is probably way out of
22 date. Besides the doco listed on the Gentoo Documentation Resources of
23 the web site, "Gentoo Handbook" and the doco under the "Gentoo System
24 Documentation" heading, anything else you would suggest to get up to date?
25
26 Regards,
27 Andrew