From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] mouse wheel scroll moves back / forward in firefox
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 02:36:47
1 Hi all,
2
3 in my theme of Xorg mouse problems :)
4
5 I have setup scrolling with ZaxisMapping. It works fine. However, with
6 a selection of different mice (every mouse I've got), including my
7 touchpad with the synaptic driver setup to "emulate" the wheel, when I
8 scroll _fast_ it seems to get mapped to a button press.
9
10 In firefox, this button press is translated into history-forward / back,
11 so that when I'm scrolling down a page, allofasudden, I get taken to the
14 As you can imagine, this is mildly annoying!
15
16 Could it be something to do with:
17 Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
18 I can't always reproduce it, so it's hard for me to tell...
19
20 thanks for any suggestions,
24 Riches cover a multitude of woes.
25 -- Menander