From: Raymond Lewis Rebbeck <dystopianray@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] umounted CD Writer medium instead of audio CD
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 00:09:47
1 On Friday, 5 January 2007 9:03, Dale wrote:
2 > James Lockie wrote:
3 > > I insert an audio CD in my CD writer and KDE displays a popup that it
4 > > is umounted CD Writer medium.
5 > > Shouldn't it say it is audio CD medium?
6 >
7 > I think that will depend on your USE flags. You may want to post that.
8 > It may be some sort of plugin too.
9 >
10 > On mine, it pops up like yours does then when I click on 'open in a new
11 > window', it pops up the contents. I can then copy them to the hard
12 > drive or whatever. This is done in Konqueror by the way. I'm not sure
13 > what you are trying to use.
14 >
15 > Hope that helps or helps you get help.
16
17 I don't think it has anything to do with USE flags. It can be difficult to
18 detect the type of a CD as not all of them follow the red book audio
19 standard. Some may be 'enhanced' CDs that include videos and images on a data
20 track, they will show up as a plain data cd. I think some copy protection
21 methods can make a CD deviate enough from the standard to make it look like
22 something else.
23
24 Although regardless of what KDE thinks, the CD should still work perfectly
25 fine when played.
28 Raymond Lewis Rebbeck
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list