From: "holla.net@×××××.com" <holla.net@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] List installed packaged for 'system'
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 02:34:30
1 Hello,
2
3 short question:
4 How can I list all the installed packages with their
5 version no.s which belong to the virtual 'system' ?
6
7 emerge -pe system ---> this is giving me the list of
8 packages which are latest in the portage.
9 I want the same list but what is actually
10 installed.
11
12 long story:
13
14 I had installed the 2006.1 release on an i686 system.
15 Few weeks later I just synced the portage (only)
16 using a snapshot. Now using quickpkg i want to
17 create the binary packages of 'system' and
18 install it on an underpowered system.
19
20 I got the following tip from this forum for that..
21
22 emerge -pe system|sed 's/\[ebuild N \] /=/g' > pkglist.out
23 cat pkglist.out | xargs quickpkg
24
25 But this fails because of the portage re-sync. Hence my question.
26
27
28 Also from the man page
29
30 --emptytree (-e)
31 Reinstalls all world packages and their
32 dependencies to the current USE specifi-
33 cations while differing from the installed
34 set of packages as little as possible.
35
36 What is the real meaning of the term empty tree here?
37 It is something more than including the dependencies ?
38
39
40 thanks
41 sathish