From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Questions about hacked sites and passwords
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 12:51:30
1 On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 07:37:38 -0500, Tanstaafl wrote:
2
3 > > I'll stick with KeePassX, the password database is
4 > > stored and encrypted locally. Even if I put it on DropBox, hacking
5 > > that will only give the encrypted database.
6 >
7 > And I'll stick with passwordmaker, which doesn't store the passwords at
8 > all, anywhere...only the account settings used to generate them, which
9 > are useless without the Master Password...
10
11 It comes to the same thing really. whether you store the passwords
12 themselves or the methods and data used to generate them, both systems
13 are as strong as the master password and useless if that is compromised.
14 So stick with whatever suits your way of working. Choice is good :)
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 WinErr 01A: Operating system overwritten - Please reinstall all your
21 software. We are terribly sorry.