From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo-sources-4.9.0
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 19:39:44
1 On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 17:09:19 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > Has anyone stumbled over a display problem with this kernel? Copying
4 > the .config from 4.8.14, tweaking with oldconfig and compiling left me
5 > with a blank display and no booting activity.
6
7 I don't know if it's related, but I was getting lockups shortly after
8 booting. They seem to have stopped after I disabled CONFIG_VMAP_STACK, a
9 new option that defaulted to Y.
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 The number one cause of computer problems is computer solutions.