From: Datty <datty.wtb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Screen not turning on at startx. Nvidia Gfx
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 08:08:23
1 Hi all,
2
3 I've been having a few problems with my gentoo install mainly on boot where
4 my screen will be blank when starting X. X is definitely working in the
5 background because I can login blind and hear the login sound. To get it to
6 work I have to continually switch between ttys until it decides to work
7 properly. Once into the X session with the screen on its fine, acceleration
8 etc is ok and it will happily resume from screensaver and display off. I
9 should point out though that the machine I'm using is a sony z13 with hybrid
10 graphics but I've got the bios forced to only use the nvidia card, mainly
11 because I couldn't even get the live cd to start with the hybrid graphics
12 on. I've attached my xorg.conf and my xorg.log. I've noted the error in the
13 xorg.log but the error is output even when the screen does work correctly.
14
15 Any ideas?
16
17 Thanks