From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSH hosed, only rubble remains
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 00:03:36
2 > That was the hint I needed. It's /bin/bash, which reminded me I
3 > just changed something
4 > in .bashrc which outputs a message and does some other stuff which
5 > must be
6 > confusing scp. In fact, I just confirmed that by commenting it
7 > out. Now scp works too.
8 > So: PROBLEM SOLVED.
9 >
10 > Now I just have to figure out how to tailor it some more so the
11 > offending code is skipped
12 > for 'scp'. That I can do.
15 bash has a built-in variable that tells you what the command
16 was....should be able to test for "scp" in your script.... i've
17 never tried to get that fancy with .bashrc.
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list