From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Bad sound card drivers?
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 02:05:09
1 I recently switched laptops and although the new one is faster, the
2 sound is much worse. lspci reports the sound card this way:
3
4 ALi Corporation M5451 PCI AC-Link Controller Audio Device (rev 02)
5
6 The problem is I need to use a sip phone (sjphone) and I can barely
7 make out what the other person is saying. Is there any way I can try
8 to improve the sound quality/performance? I am using the in-kernel
9 alsa drivers. Is it worth a try to emerge the ones in portage instead
10 or is that unlikely to help?
11
12 - Grant
13 --