From: Martin Vaeth <martin@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Re[4]: Re: Portage, git and shallow cloning
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2018 05:53:36
1 Davyd McColl <davydm@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > @Rich: if I understand the process correctly, the same commits are
3 > pushed to infra and GitHub by the CI bot?
4
5 Yes, the repositories are always identical (up to a few seconds delay).
6
7 > I ask because prior to the GitHub incident, I didn't have signature
8 > verification enabled
9
10 Currently, it is not practical to change this, see my other posting.
11
12 > then I should (in theory) be able to change my repo.conf
13 > settings, fiddle the remote in /usr/portage, and switch seamlessly from
14 > gentoo to GitHub?
15
16 If by "fiddle the remote in /usr/portage" you mean to edit
17 the .git/config file you are right.
18 Note that just changing the remote in repos.conf has only any
19 effect if you completely removed /usr/portage, and portage has
20 to clone anew.