From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Chrome - no system title bar or boarders
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 16:54:15
1 Sorry to cross post. I put this on the KDE list yesterday but no responses.
2 As I run Kubuntu I thought that it would be a better place to start.
3
4 Starting yesterday morning both of my KDE machines no longer show a system
5 title bar or border for Chrome, and only Chrome. All other apps are fine.
6 Right clicking the Chrome tab area has a checkbox for 'Use system title bar
7 and borders' but it does nothing. Chrome version 94.0.4606.54.
8
9 Losing the title bar means losing (as far as I know) the ability to pin an
10 instance of Chrome to all virtual desktops which I use for browser streamed
11 media - YouTube, Netflix, etc. I've switched that window to Firefox for the
12 time being.
13
14 As Gentoo is usually a bit further forward I wondered if anyone here using
15 Chrome and KDE has seen this issue?
16
17 Thanks,
18 Mark