From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What's with this hald thing and why can't I rip CDs any more?
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 04:25:22
1 Naiani Rosa de Barros wrote:
2 > Forgot to mention: about the problem with ripping CDs, and if it sort
3 > of works when you start hald, I'd say you should try re-emerging it.
4 > Maybe something got corrupted somehow, or is just outdated.
5 >
6 > Good luck!
10 And if you are like me and don't reboot much, maybe restart hald and see
11 if it starts without error.
12
13 You may also want to check ivman and dbus, if you have them installed,
14 to see if something fishy is going on there as well.
15
16 Dale
17
19 --