From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ZFS
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 08:03:46
1 On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 23:22:29 -0500, Bruce Hill wrote:
2
3 > Just wondering if anyone experienced running ZFS on Gentoo finds this
4 > wiki article worthy of use: http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/ZFS
5
6 Yes, it is useful. However I have recently stopped using the option to
7 built ZFS into the kernel as I ran into problems with vdevs reported as
8 corrupt on the system I was trying this on. They weren't corrupt and
9 mounted fine in System Rescue Cd with modules, and the problem
10 disappeared when I switched to modules. So use caution and plenty of
11 testing if you want to go this root. I haven't had a chance to try and
12 find the exact cause yet.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Am I ignorant or apathetic? I don't know and don't care!