From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Q: What is "python-exec2c"? Why would "python3" dispatched through it not see an installed copy of pyyaml?
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2021 23:51:36
1 On Sun, 7 Mar 2021 23:47:26 +0000, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > > So, I go back and eselect 3.8.
4 > > I then try to perform some basic maintainence which fails for
5 > > lack of a python module I think is installed for python 3.8.
6 >
7 > If your system has been built entirely with PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_8"
8 > then all installed modules should be available.
9 >
10 > > Q: Is there no way to have a consistent version of Python on
11 > > the system?
12 >
13 > Yes, make sure PYTHON_TARGETS and your chosen version of python match.
14
15 I forgot to add that PYTHON_TARGETS can include multiple versions, so the
16 sensible option in your situation may be to set it to "python3_8 python3_9".
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Sacred cows make great hamburgers.