From: "Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] MCE in kernel
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 01:20:36
1 I have been unable to boot into my gentoo system due to a Machine Check
2 Exception. This is an AMD 64 system. MCE for AMD is enabled in the kernel
3 (2.6.21 gentoo-sources).
4
5 I am unable to boot in to turn off MCE checking. I was able to log in by
6 single user mode. The MCE happens at the end of the loading of "default"
7 scripts, at least this is what I am seeing on the screen: xdm has been
8 loaded.
9
10 The problem is, I have been installing ubuntu on another partition, and it
11 boots fine.
12
13 If I have it right, I can download a gentoo live install disk and compile a
14 new kernel. Is there a howto on this specific problem?
15
16 Thank you,
17
18 Alan Davis
21 Alan Davis, Kagman High School, Saipan lngndvs@×××××.com
22
23 "An inviscid theory of flow renders the screw useless, but the need for one
24 non-existent."
25 ---Lord Raleigh (aka John William Strutt), or else his son,