From: Coert Waagmeester <lgroups@××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] intermittent ALSA error
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 08:10:53
1 Hello all,
2
3 Managed to set my self up with an awesome KDE desktop.
4
5 there is only one problem that only happens occasionally.
8 When I queue a few music videos in vlc and it goes from one to next,
9 only sometimes it comes with an ALSA error:
10
11 ALSA version problem:
12 VLC failed to re-initialize your sound output device.
13 Please update alsa-lib to version 1.0.22 or higher to fix this issue.
14 Potential ALSA version problem:
15 VLC failed to initialize your sound output device (if any).
16 Please update alsa-lib to version 1.0.23-2-g8d80d5f or higher to try to
17 fix this issue.
18
19 Stop the music video, start it again, and the the sound works.
20
21 Any pointers as to what I could possibly have done wrong?
22
23 Regards,
24 Coert