From: Kesara Rathnayake <kesara3k@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] why firefox is so slow?
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 18:05:44
1 On 4/30/06, Heiko Wundram <me+gentoo-user@×××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > Am Sonntag 30 April 2006 14:24 schrieb wu chuanwen:
4 > > I think most of us are using firefox now .Do you think it's too slow?In
5 > my
6 > > machine,if i open 6 or more tabs in firefox,my firefox will be stuck and
7 > > even can not scroll up and down.Many peple have the same situation.Doyou
8 > > think so? And how can you solve this problem?
9 >
10 > Most certainly, this is a memory issue. For every tab you have open,
11 > Firefox
12 > keeps a 30-something pages history cache in memory, including pictures,
13 > for
14 > quicker "back-browsing". If you are under tight memory (<512MB, I'd say),
15 > you
16 > quickly notice that the memory requirements of Firefox make the computer
17 > start to swap, and that the system slows down considerably.
18 >
19 > You can turn off this history-caching somewhere, someplace on
20 > about:config,
21 > but I wouldn't know where. Search the net. You're not the first one to
22 > complain about this.
25 I guess Firefox is slow now because of whole lot of Extentions that we used
26 today.
33 K35/\R/\