From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnu screen - copy'n'paste
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 01:21:14
1 On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 5:09 PM, <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> [14-10-27 22:56]:
3 >> On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 11:03 AM, <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
4 >> > Hi,
5 >> >
6 >> > I am using screen to log into my beaglebone embedded computer, which
7 >> > runs Gentoo (of course!) like this:
8 >> >
9 >> > ssh -t root@192.168.178.27 screen -R -d
10 >> >
11 >> > . This makes it possible to detach the terminal and shutdown the PC,
12 >> > while the beagle still runs processes...
13 >> >
14 >> > BUT:
15 >> > Unfortunately I cannot copy and paste things from my PC to a started
16 >> > session like the way described above.
17 >> >
18 >> > What is the problem here? ssh? screen? Or...simply my (mis-)
19 >> > understanding of the whole thing ?
20 >>
21 >> What do you mean by "copy and paste"? C-k/C-y in the console?
22 >> C-S-c/C-S-v in an X terminal like gnome-terminal? Select by the mouse
23 >> and then middle click?
24 >>
25 >> Regards.
26 >> --
27 >> Canek Peláez Valdés
28 >> Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias
29 >> Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
32 > I mean the UNIX classic, not the Windows stuff:
33 > Mouse Left: Select/Copy
34 > Mouse Middle: paste
35
36 That's implemented by your terminal program, AFAIU. It should not
37 matter what machine do you connect to, the other side should not even
38 be aware about the selected text, and when you past it with
39 middle-click, it should receive it like normal keyboard strokes.
40
41 What does "echo $TERM" says in the beaglebone?
42
43 Regards.
44 --
45 Canek Peláez Valdés
46 Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias