From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wget killed -- wonder where I went wrong...
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 20:28:40
1 On Mon 08 August 2011 14:49:18 Michael Mol did opine thusly:
2 > On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 2:43 PM, Paul Hartman
3 >
4 > <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 8:11 AM, Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
6 wrote:
7 > >> After installation and successful 1st reboot, all attempts at
8 wget gets killed:
9 > > Perhaps recompile wget with -ggdb and FEATURES=nostrip to keep
10 > > debugging symbols attached, and maybe you can debug to see where
11 > > it is failing.
12 >
13 > Out of curiosity, how would one rebuild wget without a working wget?
14 > (How could one avoid the fetch-sources step, for example?)
15
16 use curl to d/l the sources, or any other http downloader. Even
17 firefox will do at a pinch.
18
19 emerge -pvf <package>
20 shows what you'll need to fetch.
21
22 Now that I think about it, there's a FETCH setting in make.conf where
23 you can define the d/l command portage uses.
27 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com