From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] copying /var&lib/world(32bitroot) -> 64bitroot ???
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 17:52:36
1 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> [10-09-12 19:48]:
2 > On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 10:27 AM, <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
3 > >
4 > > Hi,
5 > >
6 > > Do I shoot into my own feet when copying the /var/lib/world-file
7 > > from my 32bit system to my 64bit system and doing a "emerge -e world"
8 > > then, when logged into my 64bit system to install the same stuff ???
9 > >
10 > > best regards,
11 > > mcc
14 > It's OK to do that.
15 >
16 > You might want to consider USE flags before you do that, but I don't
17 > think it will cause any problems other than possibly something not
18 > compiling.
19 >
20 > Remember that stable on 64-bit doesn't necessarily exactly equal
21 > stable on 32-bit so you might be getting different revisions, etc.
22 >
23 > Hope this helps,
24 > Mark
27 Sounds good....will become a lot of work this night for my
28 CPU ;)
29
30 Thanks fpr your help!
31 Best regards