From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USE="custom-optimization"
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 11:47:40
1 On Thu, 2009-05-21 at 12:30 +0200, Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > Hi list!
3 >
4 > I'm wondering how to interpret the custom-optimization use flag which
5 > has become much more common in the recent weeks/months.
6 >
7 > I mean, I understand the basic concept: it either uses the cflags from
8 > my make.conf or its own set. But what exactly does the dev want to tell
9 > me when she uses this flag and sets it to default off?
10
11 [...]
12
13 I'm not sure how you mean "much more common" as of the over 700 packages
14 I have installed only 1 offers that flag, but...
15
16 The package is sensitive to CFLAGS. There is a set of flags that the
17 devs will support. For convenience, they have given you the option of
18 choosing your own, but if you do then you're on your own :)
19
20 -a