From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Quoting styles
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 11:59:39
1 Dale schreef:
2 > Qian Qiao wrote:
5 >> On 10/30/05, Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name> wrote:
9 >>> Dale schrieb: Me too. Badly translated joke. It should read:
10 >>> There are 10 kinds of people. Then it is funny.
11 >>>
12 >>>
13 >>
14 >> It takes a bit of time to get the joke, :) It has nothing to do
15 >> with binary system. :P
16 >>
17 >> -- Joe
22 > I think he's trying to say computers can't count. I'm not staying
23 > awake to figure it out though. Back to bed.
24 >
25 > Dale
30 I can't stand it...
33 This joke is that the quoter is one of the people who can't count
34 (because 'he' says there are three kinds of people, but names only two);
35
36 The other joke is similar, but goes like this
37
38 There are 10 kinds of people in the world
39 Those who understand binary, and those who don't
40
41 ("1" is "yes" in binary language, which only consists of the "letters" 1
42 and 0, and is the basis of all computer languages, and "0" means "no").
43
44 They're both pretty humourous, acutally.
45
46 Holly
47 --
48 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list