From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: EAPI-6 dev-python ebuilds
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 15:55:17
1 Michael Orlitzky <mjo <at> gentoo.org> writes:
4 > > grep -r -l --include="*.ebuild" "EAPI=6" .
5
6 > There's a chicken-and-egg problem with storing the EAPI in a variable
7 > within the ebuild whose EAPI you need to know to parse the ebuild that
8 > contains the EAPI variable whose value you need before you can parse the
9 > ebuild...
10
11 Ah, explains my early am fumbling around with the searches....
12
13 > It's a little silly, but the simplest workaround for that was to make
14 > the EAPI variable grepable. As a result, the actual regular expression
15 > that an EAPI declaration must match is in the PMS:
16 > https://dev.gentoo.org/~ulm/pms/head/pms.html#x1-690007.3.1
17
18 I'm going to marinate on this a bit, so any and all input and comment are
19 good. Eventually, I'll write something up for the q-applets, in C. That
20 ought to be fun, I just hope my code does not get 'vaperized'......
23 ;-)
24 James