From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] firefox 1.5 CPU usage - is it normal?
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 19:54:40
1 > Do you have smooth scrolling turned on? When I had that on it just
2 > tore through whatever remaining CPU I had left like oil refinery on
3 > fire because it was re-rendering everything so darn often. On my
4 > machine, that was such excrutiating torture...
5
6 Nice suggestion. With smooth scrolling turned off, things are a bit
7 smoother (oh, the irony...) - I didn't know about this "feature".
8
9 I'm also removing extensions to see where's the culprit.
10
11 m.
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list