From: James Ausmus <james.ausmus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] NVidia, KDE4, and Desktop Effects
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 19:12:16
1 Hello All-
2
3 I'm having a devil of a time getting this combination to work. Several
4 different computer systems, with KDE's from 4.2.0-4.2.2, with several
5 different NVidia cards. Using the latest NVidia drivers (180.51),
6 everything appears to be set up correctly in my xorg.conf, no errors
7 or warnings from the nvidia drivers in the Xorg.0.log, glxgears and
8 glxinfo work properly and output the expected information, but when I
9 try to enable Desktop Effects, all I get is the dreaded "Failed to
10 activate desktop effects using the given configuration options..."
11 dialog. I've tried all the different combos of settings under the
12 Advanced tab, but no love.
13
14 Attached are my xorg.conf, my Xorg.0.log, and my glxinfo output.
15
16 Anyone have any clues????
19 Thanks!
20