From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Donating Blood
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 19:19:18
1 On Nov 7, 2011 12:43 AM, "James Broadhead" <jamesbroadhead@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 6 November 2011 17:23, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 7:33 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
5 wrote:
6 > >> On Sun, 6 Nov 2011 06:16:59 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
7 > >>
8 > >>> I hope anyone reading who doesn't donate will at least consider
9 > >>> donating.
10 > >>
11 > >> I used to9, but I'm no longer allowed to. In the UK, anyone who
12 received
13 > >> a transfusion before 1981 is no longer able to donate, I received blood
14 > >> in December 1980.
15 > >>
16 > >> It's something to do with CJD/Mad Cow disease, no jokes about the wife
17 > >> please... she may read this and prove them right!
18 > >>
19 > > We have the same limitations here and it is about Mad Cow. (Not 'THE
20 > > Mad Cow' you crazy Brit!) ;-)
21 >
22 > Please change the Subject when a thread goes off-topic. My ipod no-worky
23 ;_;
26 Uh, sorry about that, my bad.
27
28 I also am prohibited to donate blood, because my blood pressure never goes
29 higher than 110/70. The Red Cross guys had me jog around the building for
30 15 minutes yet the systolic number stubbornly refused to climb higher than
31 115.
32
33 After going to 3 separate blood drives and experiencing the exact same
34 incident, I give up :-(
35
36 (Besides, them blood guys said that my blood's 'not something special' so
37 I'm not robbing humanity of something valuable. I know they tried to
38 assuage my guilty feeling, but in the process also torn down my
39 self-respect :-(
40
41 Rgds,