From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Software for LCD Data Center
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 16:19:18
1 On Saturday 20 Aug 2011 10:40:37 czernitko wrote:
2 > Hello list!
3 > I've recently bought LCD television from Panasonic (TX-L32E30E Viera). It
4 > is connected to my home LAN and it should be able to access data on local
5 > computers using some Data Center feature. From what I've heard, it is
6 > something little bit different than common NFS/Samba sharing. It should be
7 > natively supported by Win7 and there may be some applications for WinXP.
8 > Unfortunately no applications were shipped on CD with the telly. I wonder
9 > whether there is some way to connect my home Gentoo server to the telly?
10 > Is there any linux application/specific Samba configuration/...? Have
11 > anyone tried anything similar?
12 >
13 > Peter
14
15 Look into:
16
17 * media-video/ushare
18 Available versions:
19 ~ 1.1a "~amd64 ~x86" [dlna nls]
20 Homepage: http://ushare.geexbox.org/
23 it should work once you connect a wireless (USB?) adaptor to your TV and sort
24 out connections across the LAN.
25
26 HTH.
27 --