From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] iTunes with Gentoo?
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 13:23:34
1 On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 12:45 +0100, Michael Schmarck wrote:
2 > Hello.
3 >
4 > Sorry for being somewhat Off Topic, but could you guys please tell
5 > me if it's possible to use iTunes with wine-0.9.57 under a ~x86
6 > system? Is it possible to change the store location to something
7 > other than US (as that's required to buy songs, as far as I know)?
8 >
9 > Thanks,
10 >
11 > Michael
14 AFAIK that's not possible. Most likely DRM will not work and even if it
15 runs, you won't be able to burn CDs with it. You might have more success
16 with Windows in a virtual machine but then you'd still need to emulate a
17 CD-burner. I'm not sure if there exists an out-of-the-box solution for
18 that.
19
20 By the way: For questions like this, there exists appdb.winehq.org