From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer@×××××××××.il>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wireless dropping connections
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 21:59:00
1 On 10/30/2012 9:26 PM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 >
3 > Actually, I hadn't tried that. I use channel 8 and this is at my house.
4 > I've only ever seen 2 other neighbour's APs show up and they both use
5 > channel 1.
6 >
7 > But then common sense kicked in. All previous APs have been 802.11g,
8 > this is the first 802.11g, and it sits next to a cordless phone. I
9 > really should mount the AP up high and extend the cable.
10 most cordless phones that works on 2.4 ghz are not suppose to affect
11 your wireless connection.
12 many of them wont even work in 2.4 ghz but at 5+ ghz.
13
14 Regards
17 Eliezer Croitoru
18 https://www1.ngtech.co.il
19 IT consulting for Nonprofit organizations
20 eliezer <at> ngtech.co.il