From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Flash Player / Firefox trouble
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 19:05:57
1 James wrote:
2 > <meino.cramer<at> gmx.de> writes:
6 >> My system:
7 >> nVidia Corporation GF108 [GeForce GT 430] (rev a1) built by MSI (PCIe)
8 >> ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
9 >> Phenom X6 1090T
10 >>
11 > Um, I'm looking for a new system. Who/where did you purchase this system?
12 > Did you get 6G-Sata drivers?
13 >
14 > Any one else with a new 6+ processor AMD rig, that got a bargain,
15 > would be keen information (Dale?).
18 > James
22 Mine is 4 core but 6 core ready. Just didn't have the extra cash at the
23 time. Mine is a Gigabyte GA-770T-USB3 but you may can find similar with
24 6Gbs/sec drives for a bit more, especially on sale. The rest seems to
25 be about the same. I bought all the electronics at newegg except the
26 power supply which I got at Tiger Direct.
27
28 One thing, buy two 4Gb sticks of ram off the bat. They are much faster
29 in pairs and no need getting smaller ones when you have to remove them
30 to upgrade. I'm up to 8Gbs with another 8Gbs on the way, hopefully DHL
31 won't loose these.
32
33 Am I happy with my set up, darn skippy. Oh, sign up for newegg's
34 newsletter and they have great sales at times. I have had zero luck
35 with the rebates tho. Supposed to be here in 10 weeks and I sent them
36 both off before Christmas. They better hurry. ;-)
37
38 I did look at MSI but decided against it. It seems that Gigabyte has
39 the best rated mobos at this time. That may change but you know. We
40 live in the moment not the future.
41
42 I can get you a full list if you need it. Oh, total cost for a nice rig
43 with new monitor and all, about $1,000 or so. It is built like a tank tho.
44
45 Dale
46