From: Mark Pariente <markpariente@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd - are we forced to switch?
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 04:24:56
1 On Mon, 2013-07-22 at 17:14 +0200, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > yeah, because it is so great to have that monster systemd on your box.
3 > Because xml configs are awesome and binary logs even more and I always
4 > wanted an init with builtin webbrowser. Security? bah, not needed.
7 > So when do I have to install mysql to use it? How long until some crap
8 > ala windows-registry is forced down my throat?
9
10 Nobody is forcing you to use anything. These are all upstream (GNOME,
11 freedestkop) decisions, you can't expect them to maintain code that
12 doesn't follow their technical direction. If you don't like it you can
13 fork or go use/contribute to other projects all you want. This is the
14 power of open source, no one can take choice away from you, they can
15 just make your choice a lot harder to realize.
16
17 --Mark