From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Dealing with scrapers - Help!
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 16:15:07
1 > My apache web server has been very slow lately and webalizer charts
2 > show page accesses at 5x normal with other stats normal. I'm thinking
3 > scrapers? How do you guys deal with this? Do you identify the IP
4 > (how?) and ban it (how?)?
5 >
6 > - Grant
7
8 I used netstat to identify the IP and I see that I can use it with
9 "deny from" in httpd.conf. It seems to be over now, but this type of
10 thing happens periodically. How can I be alerted to this type of
11 situation when it starts so I can block the IP right away?
12
13 - Grant