From: Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] netqmail and qmail
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 13:14:59
1 On 7/31/06, Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name> wrote:
2 > Suranga Kasthuriarachchi wrote:
3 >
4 > > Which is the best for organization mail server.
5 >
6 > NOT qmail - too many holes and not good performancewise.
7 > sendmail has had numerous holes "way back then". And I
8 > dislike the configuration "language".
9 >
10 > So, I'd suggest postfix or exim. I personally use Postfix
11 > always. It's featureful and easy enough to configure.
12
13 I would beg to differ with the statement about security. Qmail is
14 arguably THE MOST secure mail server
15 (http://cr.yp.to/qmail/guarantee.html).
16
17 That said, I use postfix and love it.
18
19 -Mike
23 Michael E. Crute
24 http://mike.crute.org
25
26 I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended
27 up where I intended to be. --Douglas Adams
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list