From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hal emerge conflict
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 21:29:29
1 On 12/15/05, Glenn Enright <elinar@×××××××.nz> wrote:
2 > I installed kde3.5 which is great, but to do soI had to unmask some packages,
3 > including hal. So I have version 0.5.5.1 installed.
4 >
5 > Unfortunately I also have gnome-light installed, which requires hal-0.4 for
6 > gnome-vfs. Any ideas on how I might solve this conflict. I dont really need
7 > gnome, but it has been drawn in by OOffice and has several other dependencies
8 > that I use such as firefox. In addition this is despite having -gnome in my
9 > use flags. Help!
10
11 Since you do not use gnome, you probably don't care whether gnome-vfs
12 supports hal or not:
13
14 echo "gnome-base/gnome-vfs -hal" >>/etc/portage/package.use
15
16 -Richard
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list