From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to move windows partition to be begining of hard?
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 12:07:13
1 On Tuesday 05 June 2007, Platoali wrote:
2 > Hi
3 >
4 > I have a box that has a 4GB fat32 partition in the middle of hard.
5 > I want to move this partition to the end or begining of hard, so I
6 > can create bigger partitions.
7 >
8 > How can I do this without losing the data in this partition? I know
9 > that softwares like "Partition magick" can do this without any
10 > problem. Is there any opensource competitor in linux world?
11
12 I don;t know of any apps that can automagically perform this function -
13 I always do it manually, but it requires some unpartitioned space, or
14 free space on the file systems.
15
16 What is the output of these command on your system:
17
18 fdisk -l
19 df -h
20 cat /etc/fstab
21
22 alan
27 Optimists say the glass is half full,
28 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
29 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
30
31 Alan McKinnon
32 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
33 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
34 --
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list