From: Aaron Clark <ophidian@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] recommendation for a wireless G Broadband Router
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 17:38:46
1 Allan Gottlieb wrote:
2 > I have a linksys (Cisco) WRT54G, which works fine except for one
3 > point.
4 >
5 > I have been unable to find in the documentation how to tell its dhcp
6 > server that mac address X should get IP addr Y. I am prepared to
7 > accept the deserved shame if someone tells me how to do this.
8 >
9 > Failing the above, I am seriously considering buying another router
10 > that has this capability. It is frustrating not to know the IP
11 > address for machines on our home network (especially the NFS server).
12 >
13 > I would appreciate any recommendations.
14 > The device should have wired ethernet input (from our cable modem) and
15 > 4 wired ethernet outputs, plus wireless support, and a dhcp server.
16
17 Go install DD-WRT (http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv3/index.php) on it
18 instead of the less featureful Linksys firmware. Be sure to follow the
19 docs the more recent revs of the wrt54g line have less ram and thus are
20 harder to switch over to the open source firmwares.
21
22 Aaron
26 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list