From: John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Problem using the pppoe plugin
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 02:05:50
1 on Sunday 10/28/2007 Sven Köhler(skoehler@×××.de) wrote
2 > > Hi. I am having a very frustrating prroblem when I use the pppoe
3 > > plugin like so:
4 > >
5 > > config_ppp0=("ppp")
6 > > link_ppp0="eth2"
7 > > plugins_ppp0=("rp-pppoe")
8 > > username_ppp0='vzeqmmst'
9 > > pppd_ppp0=(
10 > > "updetach"
11 > > "noauth"
12 > > "ipcp-accept-remote"
13 > > "ipcp-accept-local"
14 > > "holdoff 3"
15 > > "lcp-echo-interval 15"
16 > > "lcp-echo-failure 3"
17 > > )
18 > >
19 > > What happens is that when I use this a computer on my local network
20 > > has intermittent connection problems -- it connects to google just
21 > > fine, but not to Microsoft sites and other places.
22 >
23 > Use this:
24 >
25 > iptables -t filter -A FORWARD -p tcp --syn -j TCPMSS --clamp
29 OK, thanks to all who responded -- I had to do mtu_ppp0=1492 and then
30 I had to do the iptables rule. I still wonder why the native package
31 worked, but not the plugin? Go figure.
34 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
35 How do
36 you spend it?
37
38 John Covici