From: Jim Cunning <jcunning@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cannot figure out emerge blocks
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 21:29:26
1 On Wednesday 17 June 2009 14:07:01 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > please consider searching the email archives for this list in the future.
3 > The phonon mess has been explained only a few days ago.
4 >
5 > as a kde user you want media-sound/phonon
6 > all you need to know:
7 > http://ben.liveforge.org/2009/06/03/preventing-the-qt-phonon-vs-phonon-bloc
8 >k
9
10 Looking through http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-user didn't give me any more
11 information than I already had, namely the problem with kde 3.5.9 vs 3.5.10
12 blocking issues, and monolithic vs -meta ebuilds.
13
14 I didn't know about the phonon issues, and going back to the archive, I still
15 didn't see any reference to it.
16
17 Sorry to have offended you.
18 --