From: John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] strange blocks b behavior
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 06:00:51
1 on Tuesday 04/29/2008 Ian Graeme Hilt(ian.hilt@×××××.com) wrote
2 > On Tuesday 29 April 2008 08:27:57 pm John covici wrote:
3 > > I was trying to do an --update --deep --with-bdeps=y world
4 > > today and got the following strange message:
5 > > [blocks B ] <gnome-base/gnome-applets-2.22.0 (is blocking
6 > > dev-libs/libgweather-2.22.1.1)
7 >
8 > Looks like you're running unstable. In this case you're supposed
9 > to know what to do. <http://packages.gentoo.org/categories/> may
10 > have some helpful information.
11
12 Hmm, I did find the changelog for one of the packages in question, but
13 it still makes no sense to me what is happening here -- I am not
14 running completely unstable, just what portage tells me to unmask,
15 otherwise the update does not go through at all.
16
17 Am I missing something here?
20 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
21 How do
22 you spend it?
23
24 John Covici