From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] browser advice
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 01:34:50
1 Jorge Almeida wrote:
2 > On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Wednesday 29 November 2006 22:00, Jorge Almeida wrote:
5 >>> I'm about to dump Firefox, because I can't google in English. The thing
6 >>> doesn't let me choose the language, and I'm tired of getting useless
7 >>> Brazilian links. Yes, I know about the settings, I already deleted the
8 >>> google.pt cookie, but it's no use.
9 >>
10 >> I'm not sure I get this right. Did you choose english in the
11 >> Languages section
12 >> in the Advanced Options?
13 >>
14 >> http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/options#advanced
17 > Yes. There are two languages there: English-US and English (en). No
18 > Portuguese. I tried everything. With Google preferences, too.
19 > Now I'm ready to move on. Enough is enough. (I find this behaviour
20 > offensive. I might be a foreigner living in Portugal without knowing a
21 > word of Portuguese. This didn't happen with Mozilla. I started using
22 > Firefox when Mozilla was deprecated---I don't know whether I got this
23 > right.)
24 >
25 > Thanks.
28 Try Seamonkey then. I have not had such a problem with it.
29
30 Dale
31
33 --