From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: depclean portect a class of ebuilds ?
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 14:35:12
1 On 15/03/2015 02:25, James wrote:
2 > Neil Bothwick <neil <at> digimed.co.uk> writes:
5 >>> I'm not sure how to put everything dev-java into a set; so that
6 >>> it will updated but not depclean out those packages.
7 >
8 >> A set can be simply a list of packages in a file in /etc/portage/sets.
11 > Ok so I created this file (644):
12 > /etc/portage/sets/dev-java
13 >
14 > I put a list of file in there, here are a few:
15 > dev-java/log4j
16 > dev-java/xpp2
17 > dev-java/xpp3
18 > dev-java/jaxme
19 > java-virtuals/stax-api
20 > <snip>
21 >
22 > I tried all sorts of --depclean syntax variants but it did not protect the
23 > files listed in the file from removal. I modified my make.conf like so:
24 >
25 > EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--exclude gentoo-sources @dev-java "
28 > Now every rendition of depclean usage just wants to remove these files.
29 > It feels like there is a working mechanism here, but I'm struggling
30 > to find the exact method to protect these files from depclean, not identify
31 > them form deep cleansing. What am I missing?
34 I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish here - looks like you
35 want to stop portage from removing some stuff (per the subject line)?
36
37 Well that's easy - put them in world.
38 Or with sets, add the packages to a set called DEVjava and add that set
39 to world. Either "emerge @DEVjava" or manually add the set name to
40 /var/lib/portage/world_sets
41
42 Because that stuff is now in world, depclean will not touch it.
43
44 The --exclude syntax you are experimenting with is for installation of
45 packages, not removal. From the man page:
46
47 --exclude ATOMS
48 A space separated list of package names or slot atoms.
49 Emerge won't install any
50 ebuild or binary package that matches any of the given
51 package atoms.
54 Any as you can see the only supported arguments are atoms, not set names
57 Alan McKinnon
58 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com