From: Klaus Dittrich <kladit@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, "Peter Böhm" <peter.bo@×××.de>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] need help with amdgpu driver
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 11:37:07
1 On 27.01.23 12:17, Peter Böhm wrote:
2 > Hello Klaus,
3 >
4 > have you made your kernel again after changing EXTRA_FIRMWARE ?
5 >
6 > Maybe you want read this:
7 >
8 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Pietinger/Tutorials/
9 > Manual_kernel_configuration#Driver_needs_Firmware
10 >
11 > Greetings,
12 > Peter
13 >
14 > Am Freitag, 27. Januar 2023, 11:08:58 CET schrieb Klaus Dittrich:
15 >> I it possible that a that moment the kernel cannot get blobs
16 >> because the ext4 filesystem is not mounted already?
17 >> So does one have to use initrd to get the blobs loaded?
18 >>
19 >> What is the meaning of "failed with error -2"?
25 Peter,
26 thanks for your answer.
27
28 Sure, the machine is fast so a recompilation of the kernel is no
29 problem.
30
31 The error happens with and without "amdgpu/psp_13_0_5_ta.bin" in
32 CONFIG_EXTRA_FIRMWARE as I discoverd meanwqhile.
35 Regards Klaus